Alyki is situated at the South-East coast of Thassos. Alyki consist out of two bays and one spit, which extends wide in the sea. The Spit of land is also known under the name «The holy rock of Thassos». The bay in the south of Alyki is also called the tub of Alyki (vernacular), because the form of the bay reminds very much of a tub. Out of the remains from temple and buildings as well as a sanctum of the 7th century B.C. shows, that Alyki had in the antiquity a lot of inhabitants. Alyki is a very small village today. On the beach of the south bay you´ll find numerous bars and taverns. n the 5th and 6th century there was an altare erected on the spit to honor the gods. Near there was build a basilica for the Christians god some time later. Today only the ruines reminds how magnificent these ancient places were long long ago. In 1896 discovered Thom Bent by a excavation one very good preserved Kouros, who could be seen today in a museum in Istanbul. Since the 6th century they mined mamour in Alyki, who was transported to every Mediterranean harbor.